The ICTVA Awards seek to recognize, promote and commend the excellent achievements to which Kenyan ICT professionals and organizations contribute with a view to encourage local practitioners to develop innovative and creative ICT solutions, which will uplift the image of Kenya’s ICT industry, both locally and internationally. Thus the awards seek to recognize and celebrate excellence in the ICT domain by rewarding professional achievements and outstanding results in the industry. These awards will recognize the very best in the sector, celebrating the achievements of entities and individuals whose efforts have fundamentally helped to shape the Kenyan ICT industry.
Benefits of Participation
The achievements of the Awards winners will be made aware to customers, organizations, the ICT industry practitioners and the entire community. Winners will be entitled to:
- Receive the ICTVA Awards trophies or certificates;
- Display the official logo of the ICTVA Awards in their promotional materials;
- Participate in various promotional campaigns to publicize their achievements;
- Assistance in entering into other international awards and competitions;
Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) refer to the broad range of digital technologies like computer hardware and software, fixed lines and mobile phones, electronic mail, satellite technology, wireless or cable networks, multimedia tools, convergence of the Internet and radio and/or video, and the Internet which are used to create, transmit and distribute information and services.
Initiatives must in any manner, make actual use of the digital platforms in order to qualify. The focus is not on the mere technology itself but the practical and strategic application to address valid needs and the specificity of their situations. The ICTVA Awards are open to public and private organizations as well as public benefit agencies
Nomination and Selection Process
ICTVA awards will have an open nomination process, whereby the nominee can either self-nominate or be nominated by a co-worker, colleague or manager. Those who wish to participate in the competition should prepare a write up on how they are integrating ICT in the relevant settings.
They should also provide evidence on how they have used ICTs and the impact it has had in the circles of use. This evidence should be in form of synchronized photos, video or any other appropriate format. The ICTVA Award Committee will select winners from the nominations received according to the scoring criteria. The following aspects among others will constitute the considerations forming the assessment criteria:
- Unique value proposition
- Business potential of the solution (Universality) including its ability to be exploited through different platforms
- Operational capacity including key manpower experiences, technical and technology knowledge and strategic collaborations
- Best practice in usage of ICT
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness in offering Services
- Excellent Return on Investment
- Well implemented and able to show result of implementation
- Reduction in Business Operation Cost
- Increased Business Efficiency and improved Revenue
- Use of ICT as a strategic business tool
- Good user feedback
- Indicative Results Before and After Implementation
- Creativity and appeal
Accordingly, there are various awards that seek to recognize excellence in the ICT sector by rewarding professional achievements and exemplary industry practitioners. The awards include the following:
- The ICT Achievement award targets individuals with proven leadership skills and outstanding commitment to the beneficial use of ICT. Persons who qualify for this award will be entered into ICTAK Roll of Honour
- The Best use of ICT in Counties award targets County governments that have uniquely broadened the reach and impact of governance through innovative use of technology
- The Best use of ICT in Education award recognizes educators/institutions that have made exemplary contributions to the appropriation of ICT in teaching and Learning to nurture knowledge and skills needed to realize Vision 2030.
- The Social Media Star Award will be presented to entities that demonstrate resourceful use of social media.
- The Ministry Category -This recognizes the Ministry making the most excellent use of ICT to promote efficiency in delivery of public services
- The Parastatal/State Corporations Category -This recognizes innovative ICT products which are in use by parastatals and state corporations that have helped to boost service standards
- Digital Content Category -This consists of products which are in the form of multimedia, infotainment, immersion and interaction.
- Research and Development Category -This consists of ICT products that are being newly researched and created with new knowledge, processes, product and services to meet the demands of the market.
- Best Business Solution Award– This category aims to promote a wider appreciation of the adoption of ICT by business sectors
- Best Use of ICT in Media Award– awards under this category will be presented to the most innovative demonstration of creative content development in the media industry
- Best Digital Inclusion Award– This category aims to recognize the development of ICT products / applications / services for the disadvantaged groups of the community and also to raise the public awareness on digital inclusion.
- Best ICT Startup Award– This category aims to recognize ICT startups that have developed innovative and quality ICT solutions, with a view to promoting entrepreneurship and startup culture.
- Best Innovation Award -Awards under this category target the most innovative and quality ICT researches and invention.
- Best ICT Lifestyle Award -The awards under this category recognize the most outstanding applications / services / products that enable people to move towards a more convenient and enjoyable life style.
- Best Mobile Apps Award – This category recognizes the development of innovative mobile applications to promote Kenya as a centre of excellence of mobile applications.
- Best SME in ICT Award – This category recognizes the development and adoption of innovative ICT products/applications, by SMEs to improve business efficiency and productivity.
- Best Student Invention Award – This category aims to recognize outstanding ICT inventions and projects by
- University Scholar Award – recognizes distinguished faculty members for sustained excellence in research and scholarly activities.
- ICT Manager of the Year Award
- Special Category Awards – These awards will be selected the Judging Panel